Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sweet Week

The past 7 days have been so busy, but also so full of blessings. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to celebrate them!

Last Sunday I FINALLY got to meet my dear friend's precious twins, Henry and Jackson. They were born January 22 in Denver and were visiting Atlanta for the first time.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see these completely UNIQUE boys and spend some quality time with my friend. I mean, aren't they just awesome?!
My only regret was not getting any pics with them! (I know I know... you'd think that would be an impossibility with me since I am constantly taking pics, but alas... I forgot.)

On Monday I left for a business trip to New Jersey/Philadelphia. My company is Canadian, but our US headquarters is located just outside Philly. It was a great few days with my team and even allowed for some adventures in Old City, hosted by my fantastic coworker Kieron.
Kieron's renovated flat in Old City is so charming!
 I simply adored the original windows
 and all the sunshine radiating through the space.

First stop of the evening was La Peg which is immediately adjacent to the Ben Franklin Bridge and Delaware River. It was the perfect night to sit outside and enjoy an ice cold drink!
Bridge details (est. 1926)
History is tucked away behind every corner in Philly.
As luck would have it, we managed to get in at Buddakan, a very popular modern Asian restaurant. We enjoyed various dim sum and flavorful Thai dishes. It was a great night!

When I returned to the showroom Thursday I was met with the most amazing gift from my colleague/partner in crime in Santa Monica. She had just returned from vacationing in Denmark and sent me the most thoughtful collection of Danish treasures. I was blown away by her kindness to me. Thanks Gols :)
Since I had been out of town for 3 days, Zach and I spent some quality time together in town, driving around looking at pretty houses and trying a new restaurant - The Spence. I've had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket since last November so it was nice to finally use it!
On Saturday I took a mini road trip to Greenville, SC with my friend Jenny to celebrate the wedding of our sweet friend Allie B. It was SO FUN to be at this blessed event and reconnect with friends from Charlotte. Gosh I miss my people!
 The radiant bride!
As I sit here watering my periwinkle-filled flower boxes (thanks to my MIL who filled them for me),
my heart is full. I am blessed no matter what because of the grace of Jesus, but... it sure is nice to have fun adventures from time to time and get to spend your days with treasured souls. Life is beautiful and so fragile. Lord help me to never take it for granted no matter what my circumstances are.

No comments:

Post a Comment