Monday, March 16, 2015

Pages and Petals

After a dark and dreary winter, it definitely seems like spring has sprung. We are finally enjoying some beautiful weather and mild temps in the ATL and I am loving it. Spring has also finally arrived for Allie in the form of her floral, spring-themed care package. I have been waiting FOREVER for her final 2014 book to come in as well as a few other fun little goodies. This is the 5th edition of Allie's Adventures, a 200 page family yearbook I make for Allie every year. It is truly a labor of love, this year especially. I struggled to settle into a visual theme, but once I did it all came together.

The book always begins with a survey of all Allie's favorite things from the year. It's really funny to look back and see what she was into at each age.
I've organized the book slightly different each year, this time categorizing everything by seasons.
And here are a few of my favorite spreads-

spending time at Lake Lanier
 Rosemary Beach
bike riding
 British Father's Day party
 Allie photoshoot at McDaniel Farm Park
 apple pickin'
 browsing Kudzu Antique Market...
 having tea at Dr. Bombay's with mom and my MIL.
For bookmaking, I consistently use Mixbook even though I have had my fair share of printing problems. Luckily, they have great customer service (which is why I continue to use them) and they always send me a free replacement copy to correct the issues. This is a big deal to me given how much time and money I put into this project. It has to be nearly perfect! I have learned a lot of valuable tricks about their project editor over the years, so if you are interested in knowing more, send me an email or Facebook message.

Allie's book was sent to her in Alabama with a few other floral themed gifts including this cute tee,
 gold foil temporary tattoos, designed by Rifle Paper Co.,
 a bag of seed bombs (just throw and grow),
 and a framed print of something she had pinned on Pinterest.
Everything was wrapped up in pretty daisy paper with gold details.

I can't wait for her to get it and I know she can't either! Haha!

Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment