Monday, January 26, 2015

Southern Hospitality

So one of the things I absolutely love about my job is my opportunity to gift. It seems I am constantly having to create hotel gift drops (a little goodie bag/box a guest receives upon arrival at their hotel) or client gifts. For me, this is super duper fun and I try to put a lot of thought into the whole experience - branding, quality, and messaging. Since Atlanta is the flagship location for Teknion's southeast region, I try to really lean into that spirit (our natural hospitality and charm) and intentionally use products made below the Mason-Dixon line for my gifting. In my quest for amazing southern products I have stumbled across some gems I just have to share. They are great gift ideas for anyone you want to treat to some southern hospitality.

Dottie's Toffee
Made in Sparkle City, SC (Spartanburg)
I use this stuff ALL THE TIME because it is beautifully packaged in just the right quantity (2 oz bag) and at just the right price!

Bang Candy Co.
Made in Nash-vegas.
Really stellar branding. They sell a few other candies, but I have only ordered the marshmallows, mostly because I just love opening these little cute boxes!

Wondermade marshmallows
Made in Winter Park, Florida.
Also beautifully packaged and spongey, fluffy, goodness.

Five Points Baking Co. cheese straws
Made in Raleigh, NC. Cheesy, buttery, crunchy, good.

Doux South canned goods
Made in Atlanta by New Orleans native Chef Nick Melvin. Get chur pickles and such done up right.

Schermer Pecans
Made in Glennville, GA (Hey! I know that place!)
A southern delicacy in a variety of flavors. These pecan bags are so cute I wanna use 'em as a backpack! Ha!

Haypenny smores kit
Made in Charleston, SC.
Ready-to-make smores. Need I say more?

G Momma's cookies
Ooooh G Momma... your butterscotch mini cookies are to die for! We simply love 'em and BONUS they are made in the Z Man's home state of Alabama (Selma).

Piper & Leaf tea
Made in Huntsville, AL. I haven't tried this tea yet, but I want to because #1, I like tea, and #2, it's so cute!

Savannah Bee honey
Made in... duh. :)
Going to the Savannah Bee Company flagship store is a must-do anytime we are in Savannah. We simply love their products and taste-testing different honey flavors! I actually buy their honey straws for quick, mess-less honey that's easy to add to tea and doesn't result in a super sticky container. #aintnobodygottimefordat

I am always on the hunt for more gourmet products made by talented southerners, so if you know of any good ones, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment