Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Making a Memory

Our last week with Allie was filled with adventures near home and included swimming,
 (racing Daddy)
 playing games (I made up a fun, timed, drawing game for us to play),
grilling out,
 (best summer side - grilled sweet potato wedges with cilantro and lime)
watching movies at our friend's new home theater,
and even a litter river tubing down the Chattahoochee!


Words cannot express how amazing our summer with Allie has been. I'm just so blown away by all God has done in her and in our family over such a short time. 5 weeks is NOTHING in the scheme of things, but God somehow always makes it so much more than 35 days.

This year, I wanted to find a unique way to capture just.. a tiny glimpse of this wonderful summer. We sent Allie this summer memory box care package just a few days after she returned to Alabama.

I love packaging gifts for her and making each one unique and special.


So what's in the summer memory box you ask?
#1. A book I made (and published by Mixbook) titled, "35 Days of Summer, 35 Things I Love About You." For every day of our summer together, Zach and I wrote one thing we loved about her on her bathroom mirror. I took this list and made it into a book to capture all we celebrated and encouraged in her over those 35 days.


#2. Printed assorted pics from our summer adventures.

#3. The JohnnySwim record (since it was basically our summer soundtrack).
#4. I work pretty hard to make sure our adventures and experiences as a family are captured for Allie in her annual "Allie's Adventures" book, but this year capturing our spiritual experiences with the same gusto and dedication was important to me. I want us to be able to look back on this time and not just see the fun we had, but see what God had done in us, through us, and for us. That being said, Zach created this graphic to capture our "God words" from the summer. (Each Friday during our family devo we would have a time to share one word that described an attribute of God that was significant to us that week and explain why. It is really a cool exercise, especially when other friends and family were in town and joined us. :) I love looking at this list and remembering how God was moving in our lives and hearts and I hope Allie does too.
Cherish every second with your family folks. You never know how much time you have so make it count! Looking forward to the rest of our adventures in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment