Thursday, February 6, 2014

I need a vacation.

From vacation planning. Sigh.

For the past two summers, our family of three has taken a special vacation. The first year was a "tour of the southern coast" with stops in Charleston, Savannah, Cumberland Island, St. Augustine, and central Florida. It was awesome.

Last year I initially was planning a bigger vacation to either the Virgin Islands or a road trip down the California coast. Both of these didn't work out since we needed to stay more local due to my sister's failing health. Instead, we made a return trip to Savannah and our "maiden voyage" to Amelia Island, FL.

This year…. summer planning has kinda snuck up on me and all of a sudden I am frantic about trying to book something. I desperately need and want special time with my family exploring new places and doing new things.

Initially I thought about going to Rosemary Beach for a few days with a pit stop at Providence Canyon State Park. However… my vacation planning OCDness got the better of me and I started planning and researching a road trip from Atlanta to Charlotte, to DC, to NY and scouring every inch of those areas for the best, most affordable boutique hotels/ vacation rentals that meet our picky tastes.

This… obsession to plan a perfect, affordable, exciting vacation is exhausting! Ha! And on top of that Zach and I have very different ideas when it comes to vacations. I always want to go somewhere new with lots of things to do whereas he just wants to go somewhere and relax… except he doesn't looove the beach. (What?!)

I'm thinkin'… I need to remind myself this is my year to float and take it easy…. I think I need some literal floating to happen so…. Rosemary Beach it is? :)

We'll see! :)

If you were me, where would you go on vacation?

1 comment: