The first few flakes caught by Allie
On our fence!
Allie and Ryan (Caleb's dad and student pastor of Advance, FHC's youth ministry)
Lots of blood. I quickly hopped up, found a volunteer to stay with Allie and skated off to the bathroom as fast as possible. Blast! My chin had been busted open and it did not look pretty. Allie was very upset since she felt like it was her fault, but I assured her it was just an accident. My mom radar was going strong and I kept my cool so Allie didn't worry. Zach was certain I needed stitches though so off to Urgent Care we went. This was definitely NOT how I expected the night to go. Ha!
Waiting with my hospital bracelet. Weird.
(photo taken the following day)
- That I got hurt instead of Allie. Praise the Lord!
- That all I did was bust open my chin and not damage my teeth or face in any other way. I have a major phobia about something happening to my teeth so praise the Lord!
- That I did not have to wait long to receive medical care. The incident happened around 6:30 and we were home before 9 pm! Praise the Lord!
- That I have insurance. Praise the Lord!
- That Dr. Beth did a good job and I will have a very tiny scar.
- That Zach was able to care for Allie while I was being attended to. They even had the family worship night Zach and I had planned for later that evening at home, in the car while I was in the ER. Praise the Lord!
- That I have friends who are nurses that can take my stitches out today so I don't have to go back to Urgent Care of the ER. Praise the Lord!
Even though I had this unexpected trip to the ER, everything turned out fine and when we got home we all enjoyed gluten free pizza, some cookies, and a good movie! It ended up being a great night with my family and that's all I can ask for.
And even though we did lots of fun things over the past few days, I'd say that my favorite moments are the ones not captured by a camera. They are the conversations and the hugs and the family devos, and praying for each other, and just... continuing to build strong, healthy, meaningful relationships with our family. I really feel like God slows down time for us when Allie is here and multiples it! We are so blessed and I can't wait for Allie to be back for spring break. It's gonna be awesome!