Monday, February 4, 2013

Passion

Wow. I can't believe it's February 3rd and I'm just now getting around to posting about something that happened January 3rd! It's been a crazy month. :)

In a surprising turn of events, Zach and I ended up being invited down to Passion 2013 in Atlanta.
This massive conference held at the Georgia Dome boasted over 60,000 attenders and many renowned Christian speakers and artists such as John Piper, Louie Giglio, Francis Chan, Beth Moore, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder, Kari Jobe, etc., etc., etc. Some of Zach's bandmates and friends also play for worship leaders like Matt Redman. Because these incredibly talents folks were playing Passion, Zach and I got a guest pass to hang out back stage with everyone. It was a pretty... surreal experience to say the least.
During the sessions we got to hang out on the floor of the dome and in the press box. Both places had a pretty nice view.


John Pipe ya'll. And he's bringin' it.

When we weren't attending the actual sessions, we mostly hung out in the green room which was a really comfy space.
This was maybe the coolest thing I saw all day. A 6-plug iphone charger?! JUMP. BACK.
Oh and I saw lots of these. I don't think you're allowed on that stage without cool shoes. Ha!
Anyways, Zach and I had a great time, but God really used this opportunity to teach me something significant. Right before the evening session, everyone involved - speakers, worship leaders, musicians, etc. all gather for prayer in the green room. Zach and I were in there at the time and it was so strange to stand 4 ft from John Piper and have my hand on Jason Ingram's shoulder as we prayed over Lecrae, Louie Giglio, Kari Jobe, etc and the upcoming night. Like seriously ya'll, it was cray cray. Within 20 ft of me, there was everybody from (all those previously named in this post plus spouses) to Ed Cash, Kristian Stanfill, Christy Nockels, Brett Yonker, and on and on it went. Zach and I were just.. stunned and honored to be standing in this prayer circle and in these people's presence! But then, God struck me with the ultimate truth-

Standing in that room with "famous people" was no privilege or honor at all. The real privilege is being chosen by God. As the room filled with prayers, my eyes filled with tears over the fact that the creator of the universe chose me to be his child and to lavish his love upon me. Seriously?! The weight of that pressed on me like never before and I was so moved by God's love and grace in my life. Those "famous people"... although they are very talented and have a love for God, they are wretches just like everybody else. No one compares to Christ Jesus and as cheesy as it sounds, he's the ultimate superstar and I am completely starstruck by his awesomeness, but even more blown away by the fact he asks me into his family and to call him 'father' FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment