Sunday, February 10, 2013

Family Yearbook

So Allie's Adventures with Daddy & Shelly in 2012 is finally finished and in print! Wahoo! Even though it is a labor of love and true test of my patience, I am so thankful I can make this book for Allie each year so all the details of our life can be remembered for decades to come. I love seeing our life organized and in print! Recently a friend of ours saw Allie's book and called it a family yearbook. I have actually never thought of it that way, but that's exactly what it is- pictures of all our adventures and handwritten messages from all the people who have played a role in her life that year. It's really a beautiful thing and I highly encourage everyone to take the time to do this for your family.

So here is a very brief glimpse into this year's 209 page yearbook. Like last year, I used Mixbook and I was very pleased with the final results. (I did have some production issues and as usual, Mixbook quickly reprinted my book and overnighted it for free.) For those of you wondering (because I get lots of questions about my bookmaking), this is the 8.5" x 8.5" hardcover book. It really is the perfect size and I would not upgrade to the 12" x 12" even if I could afford it. Ha!

Front and back cover

Each year the design of Allie's book is a bit different. This year, I incorporated a few of Mixbook's "stickers" to create a very soft and feminine look on the exterior and each title page.
About 1150 images cover these 200 pages. I honestly could not produce this book without #1 - being a picture-taking freak and #2 - this blog. This blog keeps track of all our adventures and without it this bookmaking process would be excruciating. So thank you to everyone who reads this blog and encourages me to keep writing.

A few sample spreads






Like always, Allie's book was sent to her last week in a care package. I can't wait for her to get it, but mostly... I can't wait for her to be back in Charlotte soon so we can make more memories in 2013!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift you give Allie every year! I look forward to creating my own for our children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG seriously!!! LOVE THIS!!! I am so doing this :) Love seeing the pics of Allie too - she is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a FABULOUS idea!!! You did a beautiful job, too. What a priceless gift. :)

    ReplyDelete