Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ginger Cottages

This holiday season was the first time I have ever decorated a gingerbread house. I've always wanted to do this and I'm so glad I got the chance to this year with Allie and Zach. 

I bought a pre-made kit for each one of us to keep it simple and more cost effective than trying to buy icing and a variety of candies separately. 
Kit contents
Fast at work

Starbucks, the drink of house decorators.
Squishing the icing


Getting some inspiration... ha!


Using fingers first





He's definitely the class clown in our party of three. :)

And the finished product! Seriously the most adorable gingerbread cottages ever. 

Zach's
His gingerbread man out front totally cracks me up. 
Peppermint roof
Mine
with "icicles" dangling off the roof
And Allie's. She went for a very untraditional structure, leaving access to the second floor on the back so she could hang a hammock inside. :) Love this creative girl who is willing and ready to think outside the box... or house. :)

Gingerbread neighborhood

Pretending to be a giant/King Kong
Sweet Allie
Gosh I love doing creative things with my precious family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment