Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I know it was yesterday, but since Allie flies in today it still feels like Christmas around here! Merry Christmas everyone! This year, as Zach and I enjoyed our special day together, eating scrumptious food and lounging around, I really just wallowed in all that I am thankful for and really tried to catalog every detail in my memory.

This year, I am especially thankful for....

Health for my family. That Zach, Allie, and I are healthy and that it's no big deal for Zach to dance me around the living room to "Baby it's cold outside" after our Christmas dinner. :) This is a gift.

My sister's health. Lindsay is doing great and we are so thankful that her journey with brain cancer has been much more positive than negative. This is a gift.

Allie's salvation and decision to follow Christ. Only recently did I really realize what a huge blessing it is to know without a doubt your child loves Jesus and has asked him into his/her heart. THIS IS A GIFT.

My marriage. I am sure some people get sick of seeing/hearing about it, but I am so incredibly thankful for Zach and our marriage. Having a happy, healthy marriage is kinda rare today and I feel so blessed to have such a special one. I love Zach more today than I did yesterday and I still feel so lucky that he is my husband. This is a gift.

Our ministries at FHC. The fact that Zach and I get to use both of our skills and God given gifts for ministry at such a great church is a blessing beyond words. This is a gift.

Zach's album release. I'm so happy that we were able to trudge through the production part of this process so we could release these incredible songs that Zach has been writing. It is a joy to see how it has been received and how many people they minister to. This is a gift.

Our house. It's warm, cozy, dry, and a place of retreat, rest, and safety for my family. This is a gift.

Our friends who have had sweet babies this year/ stories of God's faithfulness through pregnancy - Abigail, Lydia, and Caleb. These are a gift!

And lastly, but most importantly, Jesus. Thank you God for sending your son to be our rescuer and our hero. Thank you for covering our sin and making it right with us through your son instead of just letting us try to work for it and inevitably fail. Thank you for your love, grace, peace, and so much more than comes from knowing you and being transformed by you. THIS IS A GIFT!

Merry Christmas to all our dear friends and family. We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment