Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm ready

I am so redonkulously ready for fall. (Notice the color scheme change on the blog? :))

It's my favorite season you know, and it just can't come soon enough. Charlotte has been suffocatingly hot lately. No leaves have fallen in our yard. The thought of busting out a scarf of coat hasn't come close to crossing my mind and is honestly rather revolting. Krispy Kreme isn't selling pumpkin spice donuts and I have no desire to sit on my sofa sipping hot cider.

Yes, I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong... I love the smell of summer, the sounds of winter, and the sights of spring, but nothing beats the feel of fall. I love the crispness in the air that just feels....inspiring and rejuvenating. The sky seems bluer, the clouds seem whiter, and the light that trickles through my window is always brighter in the fall. The world just... comes to life to me more than ever in the fall, which is ironic since everything is technically dying. Ha!

Anyways, in my desperate attempt to somehow overpower mother nature and force it to be fall, I have been pouring over Pinterest and dreaming of a fabulous fall.

Some unique pumpkin decor
 Crafty
 Yes please. I'm ready for my yard to look like that.

 Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls. Never made rolls from scratch so I'm gonna give it a go this year.
Gluten free pumpkin donuts!
 More reasons to wear boots (like I need a reason!)
 And of course fall fashion. :)
Oh Fall, you are one of my favorite friends and I can't wait for you to be here soon! (Does that last statement make me sound like a person with imaginary friends? Yikes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment