Friday, August 17, 2012

Allie the Explorer

Zach and I just sent Allie another care package. We often send her love via UPS. Ha! Anyways, this care package was actually an adventure kit full of all sorts of things to help Allie explore the world and use her imagination/creativity.
Allie's Adventure Kit contents
 Keri Smith's activity book called "How to be an Explorer of the World" and magnifying glass.
A compass
A secret market kit to write invisible, secret messages!
A piece of treasure from Camp Rock
And 3 Choose Your Own Adventure books, one real one, and two we've created for the Exploratorium at FHC. Allie loves the online computer game called Poptropica and the Island of Nabooti from this CYOA book is in the game!
I hope Allie really enjoys all these things and starts looking at the world in a whole new way!

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across this post today and wanted to say THANK YOU! I love this idea! My stepkids live over 2000 miles away so I'm always looking for new ways to connect with them. Please keep posting your creative ways of keeping connected with Allie. :)

    P.S. I love your P-days too! I'll be using that idea for my own girls who live here with me. :)

    ReplyDelete