One of Allie's favorite things to do is to make silly faces in photos. We have about a million images of her -on our phones, on her camera, and on the computer in Photo Booth, making some of the strangest, most freaky faces ever. HAHA This girl seriously knows how to contort her face in all sorts of ways. :)
Pretty Allie on her last Sunday at FHC
Allie and I also went and picked up our finished pottery we made on the previous Saturday. Our tea cups turned out awesome! We love them and can't wait to use them at our next tea party.
We took Allie to Chiptole for lunch, one of her favorite spots.
Me, jumping high
Allie made the muffins and watched them bake in the oven... for the entire cook time. Ha!
We have had a truly incredible summer. Looking back, it's kinda crazy all the stuff we've done. We:
- went to an outdoor concert of the Charlotte Symphony (in the rain!).
- had a Father's Day facial hair party and made Zach a Father's Day video.
- visited Charleston, Savannah, Cumberland Island, St. Augustine, Ormond Beach, DeLand, and Orlando on vacation.
- went to Medieval Times.
- had P Day #2 - a pajamas and pearls tea party.
- visited Asheville.
- went kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, and creek swimming/diving during our family reunion.
- had P Day #3 - pottery painting and a trip to Polka Dot Bake Shop.
- went sailing on Lake Wylie.
- had a daddy-daughter date.
- had a costume dinner party.
- had a sleepover.
- took a second trip to Sky High, the trampoline park.
- had a pool day at the Y.
- hung out with tons of friends and family.
We've also watched a ton of movies, eaten yummy treats, taken a million photos, had amazing conversations, laughed incessantly, and made the most wonderful memories. I seriously have no regrets from our summer and treasure how our family has grown and how our relationships have continued to deepen. Even though it was only 5 weeks, in some ways, I feel like we had a year. Even though my heart is aching in her absence, my heart is overflowing with joy from all the special moments we've had together during our precious summer. I am already starting to think about next year and all the new adventures I want our family to experience together. It's gonna be awesome! :)