Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A picture's worth a thousand words

So for those of you who don't know, my sister has been diagnosed with a very rare and very aggressive form of brain cancer. I see the words I just typed, but they still don't seem real.

Seriously?! Lindsay? My sister Lindsay?! The singer, chorus teacher, dog-lover, master craft maker?!


The person who traumatized me by eating disgusting BBQ Fritos on all those family road trips?!!! (Those STINK by the way, if you didn't know. Ha!)

Anyways, the treatment plan is still TBD, but I know a lot of you are praying for Lindsay and our family. Thank you! So much! From each one of us. It really means so much to have literally an army of prayer warriors going to our mighty God on Lindsay's behalf.

Yesterday, as I was trying to think of other ways Lindsay could be supported through her journey, using Instagram came to mind. It's obvious from our blog that I blow up Instagram. Ha! Pretty much all my photos (unless they are taken with "the good camera") have been Instagramed, that is, they have been enhanced using an iphone app (for all you non-iphone users).

Instagram also connects people through images - people you know and people you don't know. You can follow people's photos and they can follow yours. Kinda... the visual Twitter.

Anyways, if you'd like to support Lindsay during this time (even if you don't know her personally), send her an encouraging pic via Instagram! It can be anything you see that's inspiring, funny, beautiful, whatever. Once you have taken the photo, just tag it " #forlindsay " and upload to your feed. Then she can go on Instagram and find all the images people have sent her way. Here's a few I've already tagged for her...

And here's one from this morning...
(It says God is greater than cancer, followed by Philippians 4:6 -7)

I know Lindsay would love to see everyone's smiling faces and anything you come along that would help keep her spirits up during this time.

If you do NOT have an iphone, but would like to send a photo to Lindsay through Instagram, email it to shellyikale@gmail.com and I will add it for you.

So if a picture is worth a thousand words, let's send Lindsay millions of encouraging words through the beautiful world God created and all those that love her.

Spread the word! Send Lindsay pics through Instragram by tagging them #forlindsay !!!

Also, if you'd like to send something to Lindsay by mail, Her address is:

Lindsay Keller
6223 Bonita Cove Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32222
(please no sweets or candy!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Steeve and I am from Jacksonville, but I currently live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I have known Evan Keller for 19 years. I must have been out of the loop, so I just learned of your sister's situation. I am so sorry. I wish I had magic words to make everyone feel better, and I wish I had the power to make your sister well. In the absence of these, please know that I am thinking of you and your family in this most difficult of times. I pray God will provide you with Grace and comfort individually and collectively at this time.
    Sincerely yours,
    Steeve NICKS

    ReplyDelete