Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2 Years

Today is our 2 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been 2 years, only 2 years! I can barely remember a time in my life I didn't know Zach. Gosh God has blessed us. He's taken us on quite a wild ride (and I don't think it's over yet), but he has certainly blessed us in greater ways than we ever hoped for.

As I am sure you can tell from 2 years of posts, Zach and I celebrate occasions with food. Going out to eat, exploring new restaurants, and trying new foods is sort of our MO. Well now that I can only have a handful of foods, eating out if out of the question.

Major frowny face over here. Oh well, this is for a good reason, or at least that's what I'm telling myself! Ha! So since we needed to celebrate our 2 years without any tasty treats and a lavish meal we decided to go to the U.S. National Whitewater Center that has a myriad of outdoor sports for you to do.




Watching kayakers
We spent our day mountain biking and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The weather was seriously perfect, like 73 degrees, a soft breeze, and not a cloud in the sky! Yes!!



The color and texture of the earth. Beautiful.

We also did the mega zip line which is over 1000 ft and tried stand up paddle boarding for the first time. Sorry there are no pics of these activities. There was nowhere to keep a camera safely! Blast!

So we weren't dressed to the nines or eating gourmet food at an upscale restaurant, but we had a super fun day together and honestly, I think it was a perfect and symbolic way to celebrate our 2 years.

The mountain biking was hard with lots of unforeseen challenges (like tree roots, rocks, and steep inclines). It reminded me of our first year together in FL. Both the biking and that year required us to work together to make it through. As we were flying on the zip line across the rapids, I couldn't help but think of the wild ride we have been on together in such a short time. And just like the zip line, it's been risky, but it's been a crazy amount of fun. And lastly, at the end of the day when the sun was low in the sky, I watched Zach coast back into the dock on his paddle board and just took a minute to take it all in. The gentle rippling of the river, the trees now in complete fullness, the incredible blue sky. I was overcome with gratitude and amazement for the beautiful life God has created for us, the blessings he's given us, and the journey he has us on, paddling side by side.
I love you Zach, more than words can say, and am so humbled and overjoyed to do life with you, my best friend, my lobster that I could literally implode from joy overload. Happy anniversary my love! The best is yet to come. (I know this to be true since next year we will eating two desserts to make up for missing one this year. Ha!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment