Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Bible is like a Lion

So this past week it was my turn to lead staff devo at our team meeting. This is just a time before our weekly meetings begin when we share an inspiring word from the Bible and discuss it together.

I chose to share a recent blogpost from The Resurgence, a christian leadership site led by pastors from all over the country.

The post is about the power of God's word. Often times in our constant familiarity with the Bible, we forget that the Bible is a treasured jewel, the very word of God - spoken by the creator of the heavens and the earth. It is more than significant.

It has power that should cause us to tremble.

There's no point in me trying to summarize what Alex Early put so well, so read it here for yourself.

I love how it says that "the Bible is like a lion...

 If you really know what you’re looking at, you, by nature, will tremble because of its power." 
I confess that I don't often tremble at God's word. I come to it casually, using it as a resource for my job or for guidance through this fallen world. 
So when was the last time you trembled at God's word?
I pray that we can all have a renewed understanding and perspective on the Bible and see it for what it is, fear it for what it is, and love God and appreciate Jesus's sacrifice even more because of what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment