Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Discoveries

Lately I have come across some of the coolest/cutest stuff ever and I had to share it on the blog.

1. The Owle Bubo
My boss just recently introduced me to this little iphone delight, a two-handed mount for taking photos/videos with your phone.
Your iphone snaps into the frame and enables you to hold it with two hands or mount it into one of the four tripod mounts.

It comes with a 37 mm wide angle/macro lens and directional microphone to enhance photo and sound quality. It's seriously awesome and I hope to get one soon!

2. Butter London
Thanks to Blair Eadie, I've been getting back into nail polish lately. You can see more about Blair in my post about her incredibly tasteful fashion.

Anywho... I heard about Butter London through Blair and I seriously wanna try it (once they have a color I want that is!).
Butter London is a 3 Free Company that uses no Formaldehyde, no Toluene, and no DBP in their products. It's lasting, luxurious, and lovely. 


3. PicFx app
Also (thanks to Blair), I stumbled across PicFx, another app for photo editing. It allows you to add a variety of textures, filters, lighting, and more to your pics. Love it. Here's an example:


original


edited
4. Lulie Wallace art
I am on the hunt for some original artwork for our house. I'm always on the hunt for something for the house :), but this search is unusually difficult for me. I'm not really one to buy prints or generic art to put up at my house I got from some national chain. (Confession: I have one Ikea painting in a guest room. It happened. When we lived in Florida. I had no choice. :)) Anyways, this, in part, explains some bareness to some places in our house because I'm still looking for the perfect, original thing. 


In my search I have come across a very talented painter based out of Charleston. If Z and I make it here this year I definitely want to go by her studio. Anyways, Lulie Wallace has some great pieces, unfortunately the larger ones are a bit out of my price range. Hopefully one day I will be able to buy one of her pieces even if it's a small one. 

5. Child's Own Studio
This I saw on Pinterest and thought was so special and unique. Child's Own Studio is rapidly gaining notoriety for creating custom dolls based off children's art. All her work is for a unique and individual child. How cool is this?!










If Allie were into dolls, I'd be all over getting her one of these. If you are interested in getting one for your child, you can contact Wendy, the creator of these little custom snuggle friends. Warning in advance though - it might take her awhile to get back to you. Apparently she's gotten a ton of buzz/ web press about her adorable business and can't keep up with the requests. 


Anyways, that's all for now. Hope you enjoy all these fun things as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment