Wednesday, February 15, 2012

For All The Single Ladies

This past week in Atlanta I had the privilege of hanging out with one of my dear friends. We've been everything from singles ministry co-leaders at our church, to roommates, to bridesmaids in each other's weddings, and just...kindred spirits for the past 4ish years.

Getting together and catching up is always a blur filled with non-stop chatter, reminiscing about our prior life as roommates, and now that we are both married, marriage talk. B and I are so blessed with incredible husbands. Husbands that love God and love us. Husbands who serve us in big and small ways and consistently pursue our hearts.

This time with her has left me full from our friendship, but also thirsty to encourage all those single ladies out there waiting for the right man. My heart goes out to you.

Believe me, I know it's hard - waiting for the right guy and desperately trying to believe there are still good ones out there is easier said than done. A lot of the single guys even in our churches aren't great examples of how a man should pursue a woman and love her as Christ loves the church.

What I desperately want you to know is that it's worth the wait! WAIT for a guy worthy of your heart. Don't settle for less and when you do date, date with integrity. Drop that dude like a bad habit if he shows you anything other than honesty, respect, and Christ-centered love.

My heart is so burdened for people who settle for whatever has come along or gradually lower their standards instead of waiting for a man who will respect you, love you, and serve you with every fiber of his being. A man who desires to lead you, a man who speaks to you with tenderness and respect, a man who puts your needs above his own.

It saddens me to know that people who settle for what seems "good enough" will never know how incredibly sweet marriage can be and the intense joy that comes from fully loving and serving someone else. I honestly cannot imagine being an ounce happier than I am with Zach and I'm incredibly humbled and grateful for such a special marriage.

So single ladies, from an ex-single lady, please please please:

  • Trust God
  • have high expectations (regarding his character)
  • PRAY
  • don't settle for less 
  • and don't live in fear that there will never be a better option. The right guy is seriously worth the wait and the wrong guy is not worth the trouble! 

Now that God has blessed me with a husband beyond my wildest dreams, I don't regret those years of singleness at all! I am thankful for how God protected me and prepared me for a special marriage and a life lived in total unity with a loving and faithful husband. It's worth gold to me!!!

Incredible love stories aren't just in the movies! Your story might not include expensive dates, a record-setting proposal, or a giant diamond engagement ring, but real love stories- like how God sent his son Jesus to die for us, are always based on real, sacrificial, life-changing love that is of greater value than any earthly gain.

Wait. For. It.

No comments:

Post a Comment