Zach and I had Crispy Chicken Salad for lunch on Christmas
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 chicken breast (chicken tenders would work best)
- 1 large red leaf lettuce
- 2 Fuji apples cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- Trader Joe's pear dressing with gorgonzola
1. On a plate, season flour with salt. In a shallow dish, whisk egg with 1 tbsp water. On another plate, season panko with salt and pepper. Pat chicken dry. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg, letting excess drip off. Coat with panko, pressing gently to adhere.
2. In skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through, 8 - 10 minutes flipping once.
3. Arrange lettuce, apples, and cranberries on plate. Add sliced chicken or tenders and drizzle with dressing.
Zach, Allie, Cindy (my MIL), and I had Party Chicken a few days after Christmas and it was yum yum. I got this recipe from my Grandma years ago, but never used it. That was a mistake.
- 5 chicken breast
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- Ritz crackers
(double recipe if necessary)
1.Place chicken in 2 -3 qt. casserole dish. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and cover with soup mixture. Place in refrigerator overnight.
2. Before baking, crush crackers with butter to make crushed bread crumbs. Spread over chicken and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I also made two fruity punches this holiday season, one easy and one a little more complicated. The basic punch, good for any occasion is what I call party punch.
- ginger ale
- orange juice
Mix liquids 1/3 orange juice, 2/3 ginger ale per quantity needed.
The second punch we actually served at a dinner party months back, but I made again for New Years Eve.
Virgin Cranberry- Pomegranate Bellinis
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 c simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 1/4 c unsweetened pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 c unsweetened cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 (25.3 fluid ounces) bottle of sparkling water, chilled
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
for simple syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
1. Make simple syrup. Add simply syrup, pomegranate juice, and cranberry juice to punch bowl or pitcher. Stir well. Slowly pour in the sparkling water. Garnish with lime slices.
Directions for simply syrup: In sauce pan, combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and allow the syrup to cool.