Friday, January 27, 2012

Latest Finds

In my latest room re-dos at home and beyond, I've stumbled across some lovely resources I wanted to share with my design-conscious friends and followers!

1. CushionsXpress custom feather pillow inserts
I am someone who loves feather pillows. Well, correction. I am someone who insists on having all throw pillows (and most bed pillows!) with down/feather inserts. Why? They just feel more luxurious and have a much nicer... buoyancy... if that makes any sense at all and fluffiness than cheap polyfill ones. When looking to create my custom pillows for the new downstairs guest room, I stumbled across this fab company who produces custom pillow inserts. Any size, any feather type, and at a nice price (in my opinion at least!).
I was uber happy with what I got and will certainly order from them again in the future. If you aren't sure what feather type to get, I always get the 10/90 down/feather.  That's the typical weight in feather pillows you'd get from Crate and Barrel, West Elm, and such and fluffs up perfectly!

2. Simpatico candles
OMG. Do these smell divine. I am quite partial to the hand poured Capri Blue candles from Anthropologie, but I recently stumbled across this delightful brand of candles at a boutique in Florida.
They sell a variety of scents in a variety of containers, but I totally adore the hobnail glass jar. So lovely... and so going in the guest room!

3. Dwell Studio fabric samples
I have always loved Dwell Studio's furniture and textiles, but have never been able to afford (or justify) buying them.
Recently though, I stumbled across the fabulous world of Dwell Studio fabric samples. Their pillows retail at $75 and their fabrics retail at roughly $50- $60/yd, but their fabric samples are only $5.00. What they don't tell you online is that the samples are not tiny swatches, but 17" x 17" pieces of their fabulous fabric. This is very, very good news if you are wanting to make a pillow 16" x 16" square or smaller. If you buy two samples, you can have high quality, high end throw pillows at a tiny fraction of the price! I am looking to add three pillows to our master bedroom so this would cost me $30 instead of $200 - $300 for pillows or the yardage to make them. High end and low price. I love when I can have my cake and eat it too! :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to post a revision to this. Im not sure what is going on, but my second sample from DwellStudio was small. :( Major frowny face. Let's see how the next two go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At times, the samples from certain vendors will also have a hole in them with a grommet. This is to keep people from taking them and using them : (

    ReplyDelete