Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fresh Finds From Friends

This past weekend, Zach and I enjoyed the company of our friends Micah and Marianna who were in town for a wedding.
I have previously written about these two creative cats and their new business, Old Try. Zach and I have always admired their classic and tasteful style that bleeds into all aspects of their life - from their retail letterpress posters to personal wool luggage and vintage-style kicks. :)

Our treasured time with them is always full of discovery for us, revealing new ideas, new items, and new inspiration in places we've never looked before. This weekend was no exception as we got the scoop on some awesome products and resources we have fallen in love with and wanted to share with you. Check it out...

Micah told us about this company called Twelve South. They produce some specialty products supporting Apple technology that are just about as unique and lovely as the products they support. Check out the BookBook... a cover for your laptop, ipad, or iphone that looks like an old leather book.

They also introduced us to Garden & Gun, a fabulous "soul of the south" magazine featuring lots of amazing resources and details about our beloved area of the country. I am loving it as a resource for Charlotte's gems I have yet to discover on my own. One of these recent finds is Laura Vinroot Poole's boutique Capitol. I'm not sure about her retail goods, but I am completely obsessed with her vertical garden designed by French botanist Patrick Blanc. I dream of having something like this one day.
Must visit this store ASAP.

And lastly, Marianna told me about Designmom, a blog I have never heard of and I don't know why. It's really full of fresh ideas (like these Madlib valentines! ps. We love doing Madlibs with Allie!)
and inspiring interiors of people who manage to have kids and nice things.
So often I hear people say that you can't have both, but I don't believe this is true. At least I choose to believe it's not true, but maybe that's only because we have one well-behaved child! Ha!

Anyways, thanks M and M for these fresh finds. We loved our weekend with you and hope you come visit in Charlotte again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I have a "Book Book." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having us. We had a ball. Miss you guys already.

    ReplyDelete