Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Downton Abbey

Recently I have become borderline obsessed with the British television show Downton Abbey.
I randomly stumbled across this GEM of a tv show flipping through Netflix and now that I've caught up with what's aired, I'm starving for more episodes!

Downton Abbey begins in 1912 with the sinking of the Titanic. This event throws the estate of Earl Grantham, Downton Abbey, into turmoil since his future heir died aboard ship. The show follows the stories of Earl Grantham's family and the many servants who run the house.

Everything about the show is completely lovely - the music, cinematography, landscapes, gorgeous costumes, and surprising plot lines keep me completely captivated.


My favs, Mary and Matthew.
Season 2, which is defined by the distress of World War I, is currently airing on PBS (or is available through itunes), but Season 1 is on Netflix so watch it now!
I love Downton Abbey!

No comments:

Post a Comment