Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Eve and The Day

Zach and I had a very unique Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year. For all of my 28 years I have spent Christmas Day with my family in Florida. For the past few years we have also driven the 10ish hours to Allie in Alabama after Christmas lunch with my family. This year, because we live in Charlotte and had duties at our church we were unable to travel. Even though we missed our family, Zach and I really enjoyed our quiet Christmas at home together. It was so nice to not spend Christmas in the car! Wahoo! :) Here's a glimpse into our lovely Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together.

Zach led worship at four services on Christmas Eve and I taught our preschoolers for three of them. Because we were working that night, our dear friends Ashley and Taylor brought us this sweet goodie bag of Christmas cookies and candy. Thank ya'll so much! What a treat! :)

After the services concluded, Zach and I went home and enjoyed some snacks and watched one of my favorite Christmas movies, The Holiday. It was a great night in front of our tree and fireplace.
To me, few things are better than some oreos and milk. I definitely did NOT leave any for Santa. :)
Christmas morning started out with Zach making me cinnamon rolls. (Isn't he ridiculously awesome?!)
And opening presents from each other.
Some gifts wrapped in vintage maps
Some gift highlights included a handmade bow tie I got for Zach from The Cordial Churchman.
Here's Zach rockin' his new look. SO CUTE.
So chic - a pinstripe dress shirt, houndstooth bow tie, and plaid scarf

I got a candle from Anthropologie. I love my house smelling like this store!
Technically this wasn't an official gift, but Zach found an awesome mirror for our new guest room downstairs on the 23rd. I loved it! I am so blessed that my husband knows my style so well. I can't wait for the throw pillows to be done so this room is complete.
I also gave Zach a "To Dixie with Love" shirt from Old Try, our friend's business. I couldn't resist getting one too so we can match. :)

We had one Christmas Day service that Zach led and I attended. I am so so SO honored to be married to such an incredible man who loves Jesus so much.
After the service we came home and I made lunch. First time ever I cooked on Christmas. This year, our treats were in the appetizers. Zach asked me to make stuffed dates (dates stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in proscuitto) and I wanted crab napoleons (a fluffy puff pastry filled with homemade crab dip). They were delish!

Our lunch was light - a crispy chicken salad with apples, cranberries, and red and green lettuce. New recipe. I'll share it soon.
After lunch we went to the movies and saw the new Sherlock Holmes film.
That night I made some of our favorite things for dinner - stracotto (pot roast) with porcini mushroom gravy, french onion potatoes, crispy asparagus sticks, and rolls. Strangely, I do not have a photo of this, but it was tasty!

All in all it was a great eve and day with my love, enjoying our time together and celebrating the birth of Jesus. We are so thankful for so much, but mostly salvation through God's only son Jesus.

Merry Christmas from the Kales!

No comments:

Post a Comment