Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

Sorry for my lack of blogging lately! I have been busy with some photography stuff and extra commitments lately so I've forced myself to put those things first before blogging. Now that I've finished (for awhile at least!) I can resume my storytelling and life updates here on Citizens. Hooray!

Zach and I spent the Thanksgiving holiday in Florida with my family. It was the first time we had been back to the sunshine state since we moved almost a year ago. Craziness. It was a really great time for us to get away and really relax, something we were really in need of.

Here's some pics from our trip...

On Wednesday while the boys played golf, Mom, Lindsay, and I went to breakfast at Boston Coffee, a local shop in downtown DeLand.
Delicious mocha
I heart cinnamon rolls.
Then Mom treated us to manicures and pedicures at the St. Johns Spa.  I love getting my nails done so this was definitely an awesome treat. Thanks mom!

Me and Lindz
Lindz and Mom
Wednesday night the whole family came together for a pre-Thanksgiving feast at a local Japanese steakhouse. De-lish.

Zach, Mom, Dad, and Uncle Lloyd
Me, cousin Ginny, Lindsay, and Stevie
Scrumptious
Our Thanksgiving was spent at my parents house with a lot of our family from both my mom and dad's families. It's pretty cool this is able to happen each year.

Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without the pilgrim shakers
As usual we had an absurd amount of food.
Fried turkey is a family tradition
And mom made these adorable little acorns out of pretzels, nilla wafers, and chocolate kisses.
Pumpkin pie
My plate was ridiculous and over-flowing with turkey, fried turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn souffle, squash casserole, broccoli casserole, beans, a tomato tart, cranberry salad, and bread. Sadly, this was not a sampling of all the food that dressed the table.
Aaand then there's my dessert plate. BAHAHA. Carrot cake, pecan pie, and cherry cobbler.
Adie and my Grandma. I love this pic.
And my Granddad. I love Granddaddy!
After our gigantic meal we worked off some calories by playing corn hole. Super fun family fun.
Stevie, Aunt Susan, Uncle Lloyd, and Chip face off
Z and I were corn hole champs :)

The rest of the family watched from the back porch

Lindz knitting, Gin, Aunt Susan, and Momso
After our games we all had a nice Thanksgiving nap. It was an excellent holiday if I do say so myself. :)

On Friday, Zach and I spent our last day in Florida doing a little shopping and hanging out with the fam. We visited a new boutique called Newfangled Modern Market and it had some pretty cool stuff.
Check out these cool handbags made from a recycled tire tube.

Here's Murphy, my cousin's cute beagle
And a lovely shot of sunlight piercing through the trees and a smoky haze as dad burned some underbrush on the property.
Friday night we had a cook out at "Joiner corner." I made some grilled sweet potato wedges served with lime and cilantro that were a big hit!



Z and I had a great time with all our family and look forward to seeing you all soon. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment