Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Old and a New

Yesterday I made an old and a new recipe, both worth sharing on the blog. One of my most classic recipes is French Onion Potatoes. I make these for an everyday dinner or to take to a potluck dinner with friends. It's always a hit.

I've used a variety of potato types, but yesterday I used the most beautiful red potatoes. I love the plum color family so these potatoes took my breath away.
Cut and ready for the oven!
French Onion Potatoes

Ingredients:
- 4 potatoes (yukon or red. If you use red, double the quantity)
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 package of Lipton Onion dry soup mix

Directions:
1. Cut up potatoes into wedge or cubes.
2. Mix potatoes in olive oil and soup mix until evenly coated.
3. Spread potatoes out evenly in greased glass baking dish.
4. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until fork tender. I recommend stirring the potatoes at least every 10 minutes so they don't get stuck to the bottom

I also tried a new recipe this week for a friend's birthday. I've never liked white chocolate, but these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were divine!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Ingredients:
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 c chopped white chocolate

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter, and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Combine flour, soda, and salt in another bowl and gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the nuts and chocolate.
4. Place spoonfuls on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment