Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Soul Food

I often write about food and recipes here on Citizens, but this past weekend served up something new -the most happy, hardy helping of soul food as my best friend Suz visited us in Charlotte.

Suz and I have been friends for... gosh... like 16 years?! Can it really be that long?! Suz and her family moved to my hometown in Florida when I was in the sixth grade and we've been close friends ever since.

Here's us in high school (sadly the only pic of us I had access to since it was on Facebook!)
Through high school volleyball games, mission trips and youth camps, college, weddings, babies, relocations all over the country, rowdy laughter and heavy tears, and just all life's up and downs, Suz has been such a faithful friend and kindred spirit to me.

Our visit together in Fayetteville, NC while her husband Brian was deployed to Afghanistan (2007)
Pike Place Market, Seattle Washington (2009)
High Tea at the Empress Hotel, Victoria, Canada
Preparing for her adorable son, sweet baby Wills! (2009)
At my wedding (2010)
Lucky for me, Suz and her family recently moved from Dupont, WA to Durham, NC for her husband to attend grad school at Duke. I am so thrilled to have them close by again so we can actually spend real time together!

This Sunday at FHC

I am so infinitely grateful for Suz and her friendship throughout the years that the very thought of it brings tears to my eyes. It is such a blessing to have her in my life. I had forgotten how refreshing our time together is and how I always leave our reunions exhausted from laughter and with a plump, full heart. :)

Thank you Suz for walking through life with me. Your friendship is one of the greatest gifts I've ever received and I can't wait to see what the next 16 years hold for our friendship and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment