Monday, October 24, 2011

Pasta Dish

This week's recipe creation is a knock off of a dish Z and I had at this week at Harris Teeter. I tried to recreate it and it turned out pretty good.

Grilled Chicken and Spinach Pasta



Ingredients:
- penne pasta
- fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- fresh grated asiago cheese
- parmesan cheese
- grilled chicken, sliced
- pesto (homemade or store bought)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper

Directions:
1. Cook pasta as described on package. Rinse with cold water after noodles are soft.
2. Place cooled pasta in a bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Stir until evenly covered. Mix in spinach, basil, cheeses, grilled chicken, and pesto to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.

(Side note: Since I grow my own basil I make my own pesto and it's so easy! All you need is basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts (or walnuts to substitute), garlic, and salt and pepper. Mix in food processor until desired taste and texture.)

This dish is a great lunch or dinner entree. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment