Saturday, October 15, 2011

Holiday Toast

The recipe for this week is a delightfully fall-ish treat I created on my own. Well, sort of. :) I re-purposed Trader Joe's bread mix. It's what I am now calling the Kale's Holiday Toast, a fall twist on traditional french toast. All three of us loved it and I hope you do too.




Ingredients:
- Trader Joe's Spiced Apple Bread Mix
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- milk
- maple syrup
- cinnamon

Directions:
1. Bake bread as described on the box using the mix, 2 eggs, butter, and milk. Let cool (for ideally longer than 12 hours. Like many baked items, the bread is better on day 2.)

2. Whisk remaining 2 eggs in bowl. Dredge slices of spiced apple bread in egg and and place on griddle, flipping when necessary, until each side is golden brown and the egg is completely cooked.

3. Serve immediately with sprinkled cinnamon and maple syrup.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment