After church on Sunday we went to see Born to be Wild at the Discovery Place Imax Dome with our friends Ryan, Bethany, and their baby girl AG. It was so cool and the screen was HUGE!
Check out the trailer! (turn off music player below)
On Monday we had a cook out at our house with about 15 or so wonderful friends. Even though it rained we had a great time eating delicious food and enjoying fantastic company. I made a crab dip appetizer, fresh fruit medley, french onion potatoes, and corn on the cob. Gosh I love cooking and wish I could cook around the clock! I also made basil lemonade (shown in the "Food for Thought" post back in July) and fruit-infused water. Yum yum.
The highlight though for many was the dessert! Cookies and cream brownies. Who could ask for anything more?!
Holy smokes were these things ridiculous! And not only were they tasty, but they came out looking better than the picture! Wahoo! They were so good I'm gonna share the recipe right here on the blog.
Cookies and Cream Brownies
1 pkg Betty Crocker Hershey syrup brownie mix (and egg, oil, water) (you can substitute whatever mix you like)
1 pkg regular oreos
1 can vanilla icing
1. Make brownie mix as described on the back of the box.
2. Crush up 1/2 the oreos in a ziploc bag using a mallet. Add crushed cookies to brownie batter.
3. Using a greased deep muffin pan, fill muffin cups evenly with batter. Bake approx. 27 minutes or until fork inserted comes out clean.
4. Let brownies cool in pan 20 minutes. Take brownies out of pan and let cool on wire rack an additional 10 minutes until fully cool.
5. Using a piping bag, pipe vanilla icing in a spiral pattern onto the brownies.
6. Crush 1/4 of the oreos and sprinkle onto icing. Garnish with half an oreo.
Here are mine :)
Allie at the cookout with her favorite brownie!
Thanks friends for joining us Monday! We love you and look forward to our next get-together!