Saturday, August 6, 2011

Refreshment

The summer is coming to a close and surprisingly I couldn't be happier. I LOVE fall. It's my favorite season by far. Don't get me wrong, I  love the sights of spring, the smells of summer, and the sounds of winter, but I love love love the feel of fall.

It is crisp. It is light. It is full of anticipation and excitement. The sky seems bluer and the leaves seem richer in color and texture. It is so refreshing to me.  Dictionary.com's definition of refreshment is "the giving of fresh mental or physical strength or energy".  Umm yes please. I could use some of that. As I'm on the verge of this seasonal transition, I find myself looking forward to that feel of fall and relishing in some everyday things I find bring me that renewed energy and refreshment I am looking forward to. What are some of these things you ask?

Shelly's limeade

It's what I call the concoction I created using blue agave (a natural sweetener similar to syrup but less sweet), lime juice, and water with crushed ice. So simple yet so lovely. Love this stuff!

Fresh cold sheets and a fluffy featherbed

Few things feel better than snuggling into a cool bed freshly made with clean sheets and a fluffed featherbed. It totally makes my day.

Sleeping in with Z on a rainy day

Yesterday Charlotte had quite a down pour. Conveniently, it was our day off so we got to enjoy the morning lounging around in the coziness of our house while the rain gushed down outside. It was delicious.

MAC's Fix

I love MAC make up and have a special appreciation for the "Fix" finish spray. It's great after fresh make up is applied, but also so pleasant after a hot day just to feel refreshed.

The smell of my basil plant
I am in love with the smell of basil. It brings me joy and soothes my soul.

I am so grateful for these little refreshment-giving things that renew my mind and spirit and I can't wait for my favorite fall-y things to be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment