Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Refresh in Atlanta

Zach and I just got back from Atlanta early this morning. We snuck away for a day to get some relaxing time away. If you haven't noticed, my blogging has greatly decreased over the past few weeks. This is because we are planning and implementing a lot of new and exciting things with kids @ FHC. (More to come on those details later!)

I hadn't had a day off in a few weeks so Zach and I made a last minute decision to go to Atlanta. And I'm soooo glad we did. Gosh, even though it was only 24 hours, it was delicious time away.

We stayed at The Glenn Hotel in downtown. I use to work directly across the street from the Glenn so I knew it was a little gem of a hotel, but I didn't expect it to be so affordable!

The Glenn is a fabulous boutique hotel with 110 super cozy guest rooms. The lobby space, restaurant space, and rooftop sky lounge are so lovely! One of the reasons why I love boutique hotels so much is the attention to detail and unique interiors.
Skeleton key fixture over the reception desk
Roof top!

They also have done a fantastic job making small guest rooms really luxurious through high-end textiles and intentional lighting.


The down bedding and Simmons pillow top mattress were super amazing too. Zach and I both slept better Monday night than any night before I think. So comfy!

In addition to our fabulous stay at the Glenn, we did a little shopping and of course a little dining. :) We visited some of our favorite stops including:

brunch at Ria's Bluebird Cafe in Cabbagetown (thanks for meeting us on such short notice Nathan!)


Rag-O-Rama in Little Five Points (this is a hipster thrift store we like to browse for unique items)



The Yogurt Tap in Decatur

The Urban Outfitters in Poncey-Highlands

(owl lip balm!)
 Cool boots
We love Boo.
Seriously. This book is amazing and makes us want to a little doggie just like this who exudes happiness and joy. Actually we'd like a French Bulldog like this named Chuckles.
Again, makes me wanna squeal like a piglet in a puddle when I think about this dog named Chuckles.

Anyways, back on track... we also went to Studio Philisa over in the Old Fourth Ward for hair cuts. Hooray for Lisa Dale! Here's Z with a nice, stylish curly cue
And before leaving town we grabbed a nice little dinner, dessert, and coffee at Cafe Intermezzo in Buckhead. Always a winner.

Z in the reflection
Me in the reflection
Cubes
Oh Atlanta, thank you for such a delightfully great time. I miss you already and look forward to our next date with you that hopefully is quite a bit longer!

1 comment:

  1. Matt and I love the rooftop terrace at the Glenn Hotel!

    ReplyDelete