Wednesday, July 20, 2011

End of an Era

It's over.
And I can't believe it.
I'm sort of in shock actually since it's been a solid seven-year relationship.

Last night, Zach and I went to the final installment of the Harry Potter films, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Part 2. It was great - dark, emotional, oddly quiet at times, yet epically climactic and dramatic as the seven-book series was finally concluded on the big screen.
In all honesty, I am sad to see it go, or finish rather. For me, this journey with Harry Potter began in 2004 when I first saw "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" (which continues to be my favorite movie of them all). After diving into this amazing story, I devoured the first three books and then was confronted with the hugely painful task of waiting for the next book to come out... and the next...and the next... and then the movie series... and so on.

Last fall, Zach and I visited the brand new Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Islands of Adventure theme park and it was almost like we were classmates of Harry Potter himself (See "A World Away" post!). I totally love this place and recommend a visit to any HP fan out there.
I have loved this story and have spent many lazy afternoons cuddled on the couch re-watching the films and relishing in the creativity of the story line and the wonder of the world within.

I am super glad a few of my co-workers insisted that we see the movie in 3d. It was fantastic and such a great way to finish out the series.
Thanks HP/ J.K. Rowling for seven great years of entertainment. I have loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment