Monday, July 18, 2011

Date Night

I have the best husband in the world.
And no, I am not making an over-statement.
Zach and I have been really busy the past few weeks with family, vacations, photo shoots, church stuff, and a million other things that have kept us going a million miles an hour without much time for relaxation. This past Tuesday Zach surprised me with a very special night out and it was awesome.

First he took me to Fig Tree, our favorite fancy restaurant in Charlotte. Gosh we love this place! While we were looking over our menus, the waiter brought over the most beautiful arrangement of flowers for me from Zach! I was so shocked! The arrangement was called "Purple Contemporary" which we had a good laugh over, but all in all it was such an extravagant display of affection.

I am spoiled.
And I love love LOVE this man so much I could squeal like a piglet in a puddle.
Rosemary in olive oil
As an appetizer, we ordered the scallops and they were ridiculously delicious. They were served with diced watermellon and herbs. It was such an unusual, yet refreshing combo. Loved it!
For our entree we of course had the veal chop with smashed fingerling potatoes, our favorite item. So so so yummy.
Z outside the restaurant with the flowers!
After dinner we headed to Amelie's for coffee and dessert. I feel like this back hallway to Amelie's is like straight out of Willy Wonka or something.

Our dessert! 

There are so many strange and interesting things found hanging around Amelie's. This framed Etch-A-Sketch is one of my favorites. I totally wanna do this at my house!
This lamp stand is made of all sorts of silver platters and bowls.
Thank you Zach for such an amazing night and for not only lavishing me with a fabulous date night, but dousing me in love. You are such an amazing man, husband, and father and I am overjoyed to do life with you. I am blessed beyond belief!

You are my lobster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment