Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Washed by the Water

Last Sunday night was an exciting night at Advance (the student ministry at FHC) because 13 students were baptized! Wahoo!

If you're not sure what I am talking about, baptism is a pubic profession of faith in Jesus. It's a chosen act by any Christ-follower that means you've accepted Jesus as Lord in your life and believe He died to cover all your sin and end your separation from God. (See John 3:16 and Romans 6:4)

For those of you reading this who haven't been baptized or don't profess Jesus as Lord, the act of baptism probably seems super weird. Ha! People dunk other people in water while a bunch of other people watch to symbolize being "born again" with a new, clean, forgiven life because Jesus paid the debt for sin? Yep, that's pretty much it and it's pretty awesome and exciting if you really think about it. :)

Anyways, I was asked to do some photos so here are a few of my favs. It didn't occur to me until later though how incredibly special it is to capture this moment, really the second most important moment in these 13 lives after accepting Jesus into their heart as Lord and Savior. I wish I had a photo of me getting baptized 20 years ago!

Zach took an aerial shot Instagram style of all the excitement around the pool. I love the water sloshing out over the edge!
The outdoor pool
Professing faith


Washed by the water




Baptism is just the beginning of an incredible journey. We are so excited for these students and how they will share the love of Jesus with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment