Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quirky Cards

So I love greeting cards. Well, actually let me rephrase.
I love 'some' greeting cards. I love the ones that are completely random, quirky, and void of sentimental cheesyness. These unusually creative cards are fairly hard to come by and why I have been mildly obsessed with Fresh Ink cards by Hallmark for the past few years. They are so ridiculous and fabulously random.


I seriously can't even begin to count how many of these I have given to friends. Alarmingly, over the years they have become more scarce, only appearing in some random CVS stores and no actual Hallmarks. Why?! I don't know. I guess this is a sign the end is near. Ha! Anyways, Z and I stumbled across some at our local CVS just the other day and I had to take some quick pics of some of my favs that have been around forever...the "classic" Fresh Ink cards if you will...

Birthday awesomeness/ movie-making genius

It's not everyday you can give a card in the shape of processed meat... oh wait you can! Thank you Hallmark.

"Have that kind of birthday."

And my all-time favorite birthday card...

Oh Fresh Ink... how I love you and your quirky messages in all your square-shaped gloriousness! Thank you for bringing me and so many of my friends ridiculous moments of unexpected joy. :) You have definitely made many of my days brighter and more full of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this and I have to say: WHERE DID ALL THE FRESH INK GO? I think you know I share your love for these cards. There is nary a one in Tallahassee. My favorites - 1) "Party your booties off." 2) "I hope life's soon ducky... 'cause right now it's sucky." (<< That #2 is the best "Get Well" card ever. No mush. Just awesome.)

    ReplyDelete