Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gift Etiquette

Since Zach and I will be celebrating our first anniversary next week, nothing could be more appropriate than receiving a wedding gift in the mail!

Yes! My awesome cousin and his wife just sent us the most rockstar stainless steel compost pail from Crate & Barrel.



I love it and can't wait to resume my composting. It just makes me feel like I'm doing my part for the environment. That and the fact Z and I walk to work. :)

Anyways, so you might be thinking, "Wow... wedding gift a little late?" but the answer is actually an emphatic NO.

According to Amy Vanderbilt, author of The Complete Book of Etiquette, you have exactly one year to give a wedding gift. And this is awesome. For everyone involved in the equation.

Why?

For the person giving the gift, it means you no longer have to lug something to a wedding or even buy an item at the time of the event. This could be quite convenient if you have already spent sufficient funds on travel and accommodations for the wedding.

For the recipient, it means you can receive gifts throughout the year and not just on that one special day. This is also fantastic if you are moving at the time of your nuptials. It's one less thing to box up!

From my experience, I thoroughly enjoyed the surprise and excitement of my post-wedding gifts and recommend sending something after the ceremony to anyone buying a wedding gift.

Thanks Don and Caro for the great gift and for making my day! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment