(Side note: Seven Silos is NOT published yet, but I hope to get at least something going soon on the this.)
Back to the food.
So a few weeks back I posted about a dinner party. All the dishes were a huge hit including this very simple pear salad. It is a really versatile dish that can accompany a sophisticated entree or just be a casual snack.
Simple Pear Salad with Balsamic Maple Dressing
- mixed greens
- a fresh, crisp pear
- chopped pecans
- balsamic dressing
- maple syrup
- Bed of mixed greens topped with sliced pear.
- Dress with honeyed pecans (In a small bowl, drizzle honey over pecans and mix until evenly covered. Add to salad.)
- Buy any balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Pour into small bowl and add maple syrup to taste. Drizzle over salad.
Now for the sweet. :) Last Sunday night I made Brownie Pie for all the Advance guys and it also was a huge hit. Our friend Ryan thought he was eating a dessert from Chili's! Ha!
- 1 package Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry crust
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water in large bowl. Stir with spoon until well blended, about 50 strokes. Stir in chips. Spoon into crust.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes or until center is no longer gooey (I usually do 55 minutes). Cool completely.
- Puree strawberries in food processor or blender. (Optional.)
- Cut pie into wedges. Serve with ice cream and pureed strawberries.