Thursday, February 3, 2011

I want to live in 1960

1960 was totally fabulous, or at least that's how it was portrayed in the movie "Flawless."

Zach and I recently watched this jewelry heist movie starring Demi Moore and Michael Caine. It's set in London during the early 60's and is loosely based on a true story. The movie is beautifully shot, the costumes, furnishings, and interiors are luscious and glittery, and the music is timeless and sophisticated.

Needless to say I totally loved it and wish I lived during this time of classic Chanel-ish clothing and richly decorated interiors. Why did we drift away from this glamour and decide plastic and plain was better? Sad!

Anyways, beyond the artsy and aesthetic components, I totally recommend the movie. Watch the trailer here and see the full film on Netflix now!

1 comment: