Friday, January 28, 2011

A Serious Circus

Today was an awesome day.

Zach and I were invited to join the Advance staff (student ministry at FHC) at the circus today. It's been years since I have been to the circus and let me tell ya... it's definitely changed! This is one serious circus! The lights, video, and production elements were much more sophisticated and dramatic than I was anticipating. We had such a blast with all our new friends/ Zach's co-staffers while watching these amazing and jaw-dropping acts.

In all seriousness though I feel like I probably missed half the show. There is so much going on at one time it's completely overwhelming and hard to focus on anything for longer than 2 seconds. If I were a scientist (or psychologist) I think I'd do research on the correlation between ADD and circus attenders. Ha! It was nuts!

Our group caravanned from a train station near the church into downtown for the show. I didn't take many photos, but here are two of my favorite people waiting for the train to the circus!

my Z man
Anna Grace Carson.   Love. This. Girl.  Ahh.
Since taking photos was nearly impossible to do (well) in the arena I opted for lots of video footage in an attempt to capture all the craziness. Here's a little recap of our fabulous and over-stimulating time at the circus...

(Stop music player at bottom before watching)


Thanks Advance team and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey for a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment