Sunday, January 23, 2011

30 Years Young

Today is my beloved's 30th birthday.

I cannot believe my wild and crazy, quirky and funny, amazingly talented, beautiful, sweet, humble, and Jesus-loving husband is 30!

Oh how I wish I could open up the skies and give him a star or something as equally magnificent to show him how much I love him and how thankful I am for him!

In lieu of my inability to do this, I have taken to doing a few more... realistic things this year to celebrate such a momentous occasion and my special man. Here's the recap...

This morning before church began with a few small gifts and 30 paper hearts.

I hid 30 hearts labeled with either "I love you" or "Happy 30th Birthday!" all over the house in places I knew Zach would eventually look. :)

Even his shoes (and keyboard on stage at church!) could not escape my cleverness. :)



Tonight we will be having a small party after Advance, the student worship service every Sunday night. We normally have all the high school/college guys who lead worship at Advance over to our house after the service just for fellowship and hang time, but tonight we will be having cake and a partay!

I made Zach his favorite- yellow cake with chocolate icing. I actually went wild and put chopped Reece's cups (his fav) and toffee on top. Yum!

We will also be having Donatos Pizza, an all-time favorite of Zach's he use to eat when living in Alabama. To our surprise Charlotte has Donatos as well and tonight Zach will definitely partake. :)

I also whipped up a few decorations...

... to make the house look extra special as well as a birthday poster for everyone to write birthday messages on.

I can't wait for the festivities to begin as we take a few moments to celebrate Zach's precious life!


Zach, I am so ridiculously proud of you and so humbled to be married to such a great man. The way you love others, lead with conviction, give selflessly, and pour everything you've got into Allie inspires me. I have been so overwhelmed with joy watching you lead, grow, and reach your potential here in Charlotte and we haven't even been here a month yet! :) I am so happy you are able to do what you are passionate about and share God's goodness through music. God's love is so incredible and it is obvious He lives and works through you. Thank you for your constant love, support, encouragement, and patience. You are my everything and I can't wait to see what our life looks like 30 more birthday's from now. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment