This year we've:
1. Gotten married.
2. Left Atlanta and moved to Florida to begin our first year of marriage and ministry together.
3. I became a stepmom to the coolest girl EVER.
4. Allie turned 10 and she spent over 4 weeks with us in Florida.
5. Zach spent over 200 hours in transit to and from Allie in Alabama.
6. We started a new business.
7. And a new hobby.
8. We visited three new cities (Boston, Nashville, and Charlotte for me, Boston, Savannah, and Asheville for Zach).
9. And two new states (Massachusetts and Maine).
10. We sold a Land Rover.
11. Totaled a Honda Accord.
12. Bought and sold a vintage motorcycle.
13. Were graciously given a truck.
14. Got a new Honda and had one tire blow out, one tire shredded on a curb, backed into a tree, got rear-ended by a moving truck, and got hit by a buzzard and boar. All separate incidents. ALL RIDICULOUS.
15. We had our first house together on the Halifax River (inter-coastal waterway).
16. Zach surfed for the first time.
17. And I jet-skied and rode in a helicopter for the first time.
18. We saw a sea turtle nest and space shuttle launch.
19. I was unemployed for 9 months (and still counting...ugh).
20. We lived without cable (thank you Netflix and Hulu).
21. I designed a wedding dress (well, that was 99% Corinne!), a light fixture, and two pieces of furniture.
22. Zach did a truck load of graphic design work.
23. We started songwriting together and wrote two songs ('Are You Here' and 'He Will').
24. I gave Zach a turquoise piano.
25. And Zach traded a guitar to give me a great new camera.
26. We've had more dinners and hang time with my parents than in the last five years combined. (Thank you mom and dad for your constant support and help.)
27. We learned more about ourselves, our passions, and our strengths and weaknesses than I thought possible.
28. We've also learned more about humility, pain, God's will, and true love than I thought possible.
It's been a fun year, a painful year, a year of first's, and a year of heavy refinement. With 2011 right around the corner and new opportunities on the horizon, we could not be more excited about where we are going and grateful for where we've been.
To all our friends and family, thank you for your constant encouragement, support, and love as we continue on this crazy journey called our life. It means so much to us to have you walking with us through the good times and bad. Love you!
Stay tuned for more shenanigans and more unexpected twists and turns to come in 2011! :)