Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Art of Wrapping

One of my favorite aspects of the holiday season is gift wrapping. I know that sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but I find it so inspiring and just... another way to let those creative juices flow.  In past years, I have literally shopped for Christmas wrapping like I would a gift. Actually, the process was much worse than gift shopping. Ha! I would go from store to store (Target, Swoozie's, Container Store, etc) eyeballing all their papers and beautiful gift accessories before deciding on what my wrapping scheme/ concept would be for the year. All the gifts would then be wrapping differently, but in coordinating papers and colors.

So pretty!

My hunt for paper usually ended at Container Store's "Gift Wrapping Wonderland." LOVE THAT STORE. AH.

This year, since the budget does not allow for such frivolous activities :), I have taken to admiring a lot of different wrapping styles and ideas. I love vintage "Anthropologie-ish" detailed ideas using lots of fabric and textures as well as creative recycled ideas using maps, newspaper, buttons, etc. Check out some beautiful gifts below!








There's something just so lovely about opening a beautiful gift. The gift could be a pack of string cheese and if it was wrapped like this I'd think it was the best gift in the world! Ha! Presentation is everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment