Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creative Cats Unite

I come from a family that oozes creativity. In addition to building my parent's house and a lot of furniture, my dad is a painter and artist of large scale graphics (and some smaller scale stuff too). My mom knows how to do everything from sewing to ceramics. My sister is also just as crafty- knitting, sewing, making jewelry and the like. I have always felt the least creative of the bunch, but I am so glad Allie can benefit and be exposed to all the creative skills and abilities that are apart of our family. It is a blessing that we all know how to do different things that can nurture her creative tendencies and interests.

For Al's birthday my sister knitted her the cutest beanie cap. Lindsay made me a cap a few years ago, but it was much simpler compared to this fabulous piece of fashion.




My great-grandmother was actually a legit artist. From what I've been told she was quite a unique woman- creative, eccentric, and a world traveler. I've seen many of her detailed creations scattered about my grandparent's tables and walls. "Tootie", as she was called by her grandchildren, ( and for your reference it is pronounced "two tee") taught my mom how to do everything from drawing, to painting, to sewing and crocheting, to ceramics, etc. Because of this she inherited quite of bit of Tootie's art stuff including this enormous set of soft pastels.




Allie had a great time working with the vintage chalk and her limitless imagination. We are so impressed with Al's ability to visually articulate what she wants to draw on the very first attempt with NO erasing. She has an amazing eye for detail, scale, and perspective especially when it comes to drawing animals.



Mom of course still loves to do art so she joined in the fun and helped Allie with a fall scene...

Al's apple
the sign of an artist
Bella's portrait
It is always fun and interesting to see what Allie comes up with. I feel like she has the potential to be more creative and talented than all of us combined! I can't wait for her to be back after Christmas and able to finish up her projects! For now she is out in the yard building a fort out of Christmas tree limbs, dried palm branches, spanish moss, and bark. Nothing will stop that girl! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment