Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A world away

Yesterday was a great day.

For months I have been wanting to go to Universal to see the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter. If you know me at all, you know I love Harry Potter. I'm not one of those obnoxious people who dress up for the movie releases or buy books on Quidditch and other HP related topics. I just love the story. It takes me away and captures my imagination. I've read all the books, I've seen all the movies and am counting down until the next one hits the theaters in November. 

Yesterday, Zach scraped together all our pennies (quite literally actually!) and surprised me with a trip to the place I have been dreaming of since it opened this past summer.  Although there were more crowds than we anticipated, it was a great day and I loved every minute of it and got to do everything I wanted (minus the show in Olivander's wand shop). I'm not a huge fan of standing in line for things so I didn't have the endurance to wait for this attraction. 

Here's a look at our magical day in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts... 

the adventure begins at Islands of Adventure!
Hogsmeade
Hogwarts Express
inside Hog's Head
unbelievably delicious Butter Beer (it tastes like shortbread cookies and butterscotch!)


lunch at the Three Broomsticks!

candy from Honeydukes Sweet Shop
Hogwarts Castle!!!!
waiting in the Herbology greenhouse
performing a spell with Hermoine's wand
Oh how I love Harry Potter and this magical place!
Thank you Zach for taking me here and for 6 great months of marriage. You are beyond my wildest dreams and my most favorite person in the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment