Monday, October 18, 2010

A taste of childhood

I grew up in a family that ate practically every dinner at home and around the dinner table. Shocking in today's society, I know! Many good memories were shared here as well as bad (the bad mostly related to dinners involving peas. Ick.)

I remember a variety of my mother's recipes, but my favorite meal as a child was probably taco salad. (I know my sister would agree it left tuna casserole way, waaay in the dust! Ha!) This weekend I experienced an intense need and craving for taco salad so I introduced Zach to the Joiner family recipe.


Doesn't my plate look delicious? It was and Zach approved. And I will be eating the leftovers tonight to prove my devotion to the deliciousness.

So if you are interested in creating your own taco salad, here's how we do it up at the Joiner house, or now Kale house I guess!

Ingredients:

  • Cool Ranch dorritos
  • lean ground beef, browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
  • shredded lettuce
  • coarsely chopped tomatoes
  • freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese


And I add...

  • chopped onion
  • cilantro
  • and a dollop (love that word) of fat-free sour cream


Crush dorritos slightly so they are easier to eat, layer ingredients however you see fit and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment