Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby will you marry me?

























Another old post for those who don't know our story and would like to. Here's how we got engaged...



Zach and I got engaged November 24th, 2009 at the King Plow Art Center. Yes folks, we had already booked the venue before our official engagement. This was not our initial intent, but we were driven to reserve a date quickly due to limited availability of the facility. We had planned to go take a few pictures at the venue that night since my mom needed a good photo of us. No big deal, right? When we arrived to the space that night and tinkered about waiting for the photographer, Zach called me down to the future ceremony space to "show me what event they were currently setting up for." When I got to the door I saw our future ceremony space arranged as we had discussed many times - chairs in the round, candles and yellow rose petals covering the floor to create a soft, romantic, candlelit setting. To my ultimate surprise, an unheard professional recording of Zach's latest song, "Marry Me," enveloped the room. Hand in hand, he guided me to the center of the space where he proposed and asked if I would meet him back in the exact same spot on April 11th, 2010.

I said yes.

We took a few pictures thanks to our trusty friend and photographer, Aubrey.
Afterwards we went to dinner at one of my favorite places, JCT Kitchen, and then had dessert at the delightfully charming European coffeehouse, Cafe Intermezzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment